Ribolla Gialla 'Col de Bliss' Cru line by La Tunella is an elegant and important interpretation of a classic Friulian white. The slow fermentation and the 15-month wood processing give life to a Ribolla Gialla that affirms itself on the nose on different references to tropical fruit, enriched by vanilla touches and sensations that bring back to the almond. Good body, with a fresh and lively sip, round, characterized by a savory soul that continues even in the finish.
- Product Category
- White Wine
- Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC
- Grape / Raw material
- ribolla gialla
- Vintage - Cuvée
- 750 ml.
- IT - Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Alcohol Content
- 13.5% vol.
- Service Temperature
- 8° - 10° C.
- Suggested Glass
- Calyx thin long-stemmed
- La Tunella - Cru
- Food Matches
- Appetizers, Fish plates, Deep Fried Plates, Vegetables and Legumes
Between past and future, perfectly inserted in the contemporary world. This is how it could be defined as one of the most representative wineries in all of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, and in particular of its Colli Orientali. A story in continuous evolution, which began over fifty years ago thanks to little bulk wine, and which continues today with the construction of the new cellar, a functional place for a unique production for qualitative consistency.
From Friulano to Ribolla Gialla, from Malvasia to Schioppettino, to Pignolo and Picolit, passing through Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, "Biancosesto" and Sauvignon, there is no wine from "La Tunella" that worth the taste.
And then we go back to the origins, when first grandfather Min and then father Livio Zorzettig started the farm today led by the brothers Massimo and Marco Zorzettig, the latter assisted by their mother Gabriella.
Currently there are about seventy hectares of vineyards, of which 30% are planted with red grape varieties, while the other 70% are planted with white grape varieties. On soils composed of sandstone and marl, in a unique microclimate in the world particularly favorable to viticulture, protected as it is to the north by the Julian Prealps, a shield against the coldest winds, and warmed by the southern breezes coming from the Adriatic Sea, plants are grown that they give exceptional fruits, rich in every smallest nuance. Bunches that, after being harvested only at the right ripeness, are transformed in the modern cellar distributed on two levels and perfectly functional to all production processes: in the basement there are the fermentation rooms, the drying rooms, the barrel room and the aging rooms , while the ground floor houses the warehouse and the bottling plant.
Wines, those labeled "La Tunella", in which history, memory and traditions coexist with new and creative energies, to give life to a solid and intriguing range, capable of ranging from classic whites and reds, to grapes, passito and single-variety: bottles that are the result of a careful enhancement of the territory and of all its best peculiarities.