Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG 'Poggio alle Mura' by Castello Banfi is produced from Sangiovese grapes from specialized vineyards located around the Castle of Poggio alle Mura. Extraordinary elegance, great finesse and very long aging potential thanks to aging for 5 years, of which 2 in French oak barrels. Unique, among the best of the type.
- Product Category
- Red Wine
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Grape / Raw material
- Aging Class
- Vintage - Cuvée
- 750 ml.
- IT - Tuscany
- Alcohol Content
- 14.5% vol.
- Service Temperature
- 16° – 18° C.
- Suggested Glass
- Large calyx with a long stem
- Bibenda 5 Bunches, Vitae 4 Vines, Veronelli 3 Stars Super , Vini Buoni d'Italia
- Robert Parker 95/100, James Suckling 93/100, Wine Enthusiast 93/100
- Special Features
- Historical Vintages
- Food Matches
- Game, Red Meat, Aged Cheese
- Color: deep red with garnet hues.Bouquet: ample and rich, with hints of plum jam, coffee, cocoa and a light balsamic note.Taste: great power and fullness, with mature and gentle tannins that make it velvety and harmonious.
Banfi was founded in 1978 thanks to the will of the Italian-American brothers, John and Harry Mariani.
From the beginning, the goal of the two brothers was to create a state-of-the-art winery combined with the most advanced science in the vineyards for the production of premium wines.
Together with the Mariani family, Ezio Rivella, one of Italy's
foremost enologists, who understood that due to the richness of the soils and the privileged microclimatic position, the property would have great capacity of development.
In those years, the brothers, John and Harry, also purchased Bruzzone, a historic winery in Piedmont. Founded in 1860 and specialized in the production of sparkling wines, today is known as Banfi Piemonte.