Coppo is one of the oldest family-run wineries in Italy: it was founded in 1892 by Piero Coppo in Piedmont, in Canelli, home of Italian sparkling wine. An eccentric character, renowned for his qualities as a taster and for his mania for details, both in the vineyard and in the cellar. In 1913 Piero married Clelia Pennone, heir of the homonymous winery, and so Coppo expanded, adding to the winery located in Canelli also the structures of the Pennone company; just in these environments, from the eighteenth century, they were dug by hand tunnels and tunnels, now known as "Underground Cathedrals", whose beauty and uniqueness have been protected by UNESCO as "World Heritage Site". During the twentieth century, bottle sales increased, driven also by foreign exports to South America and the USA. The history of Coppo, however, is not just happy pages: in 1948 two violent floods fell on Canelli, devastating the cellar and leaving Luigi, son of Piero, the burden of facing a very difficult moment. But Luigi did not break down, and with great determination and stubbornness he began to rebuild, buying new machinery and adopting cutting-edge technology. Between 1970 and 1980 the third generation, composed by Piero, Gianni, Paolo and Roberto, devoted himself to experimenting with the production of sparkling wine, and confirmed the tradition by improving red wines, including especially Barolo and Barbera, proposed both in famous version "Pomorosso" that "Camp du Rouss". Today Coppo covers about 52 hectares, leading the vineyards with biodynamic practices and integrated agriculture, producing 400,000 bottles; the direction is entrusted to Massimiliano and Luigi, exponents of the fourth generation who transported the winery in the new millennium, with younger and more dynamic forms of communication. Harmony, elegance, precision and quality: these are the four virtues that can be found in all the Coppo labels.
No products for this manufacturer.